Discover Wild Western China!
Travel to China & Back in 1 Hour!
Slideshow, Stories, & Video ~ Tues, Oct 20 at 7 p.m.!
Location: Wide World Books & Maps 4411a Wallingford Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98103
FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/522913854532545/
Let’s go to CHINA!!! In 1 hour we’ll travel to Wild Western China and back and experience the magic of a land of natural wonders, ancient alchemical mysteries and generous hearts!!! Through stunning images, videos and fun stories, I’ll share about previous China Qigong & Wilderness treks in the Tibetan Plateau and Yunnan and announce our upcoming China qigong and trekking adventure trips for 2016!!!
- Trekking in the Oriental Alps Wonderland, Tibetan Region in Sichuan Province, China May 9-20, 2016 http://www.littlepo.com/2015/06/2016-trekking-in-the-oriental-alps-wonderland-may-9-20/
- Discovering the Land of the Matriarch, an Active Journey into the Heart of Yunnan, China Nov 8-19, 2016 http://www.littlepo.com/2015/08/2016-discovering-the-land-of-the-matriarch-nov-8-19/
If you missed our Aug 31 slideshow, come to this one! 🙂 Our slideshows serve several purposes…..
- We will share with you my love of China, qigong and the amazing culture and wilderness there!!
- This event will inspire!! Whatever your dreams are, this virtual travel experience will plant strong seeds to inspire you to go for it and live your dreams!!
- People will have an opportunity to learn about and join one of our upcoming trips in 2016 (and get a special slideshow discount! :))
Here’s a bit more info about the trip leaders – Karen & Szu-ting
Active Journeys ~ True Connections (that’s our motto :))
Two adventurous women ~ one a native from Taiwan, professional rock climber and author, and another an American anthropologist, writer and Qigong instructor ~ met and synthesized a dream that combines their shared love of the Wilderness, of China and Chinese culture and their love for active adventures that create lasting connections and inner transformations. They are a unique team. Both fluent in English and Chinese, they love facilitating people’s journeys to China in a way that creates an experience of a lifetime, a trip that births fulfilling memories, lasting connections, and new skills in qigong that will enrich them for the rest of their lives. Szu-ting’s native Taiwanese roots and local contacts and Karen’s understanding and passion of China and it’s culture from an American perspective, give participants well-rounded, professional and impassioned guides with which to experience some of the most beautiful lands in Western China. Participants also connect with the generous hearts and lives of many local Chinese, Tibetans and other indigenous peoples throughout the trekking trips. Both trips are active journeys and combine travel, trekking and a unique opportunity to study qigong in the Wild Lands from which this practice was birthed. One offers hiking, local herb gathering and qigong in the Oriental Alps Wonderland, a Tibetan region of Sichuan Province, and the other offers hiking, biking and qigong through some spectacular lakes, mountains and one of the last matriarchal societies in Yunnan Province. Both trips include unique cultural immersion with local peoples, events and flavorful cuisines.